Career Planning Tips
- Recognize what is important in your career and life
- Develop a mindset of lifelong learning that supports career advancement
- Keep up to date with changes in the work place and your industry or sector
- Identify any personal blocks or life constraints and how you can overcome them
- Have an unobstructed vision of your future
- Identify broad aims and SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Bound)
- Find people who can support you in completing your goals e.g. career coach, mentor, manager or supervisor
- Mistakes happen: use this experience to learn and develop a new career strategy
- Know what strengths and talents you can offer and how you can add value to an organization
- Be flexible, review your progress regularly and be willing to adapt and change
- Realize one career size does not fit all organizations
- Take control of your career, to remain relevant and employed
Career Planning Resources
|Step-1||Understand: Familiarize yourself with the Business Analysis Competency Model|
|Step-2||Evaluate: Assess your business analysis competencies|
|Step-3||Plan: Create your career action plan|
|Step-4||Act: Implement your career action plan|
|Step-5||Review: Review and refine your career action plan|
|Visit the Competency Model Action Guide for more information on how to take charge of your career!|
- What is Business Analysis?
- Becoming a Business Analyst
- Business Analysis Competency Model
- Learning and Development
- BABOK® Guide
- Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide
- IIBA® Global Business Analysis Core Standard
Want your competencies recognized? Get certified.
Learn more about IIBA.
Looking to become an IIBA Member? If you're an organization, please check out our Corporate Program.
Already a Member? Get involved! Join your local Chapter or become an IIBA Volunteer.