Building Business Capability Conference Countdown
In just a few weeks, Business Analysts from around the globe will descend on sunny, Fort Lauderdale, Florida for the annual official conference of IIBA. This North American business analysis conference has inspired and connected BAs for a decade. This year is extra special because it marks the tenth anniversary of Building Business Capability, a conference that is a symbol of innovation and transformation. Since 2008, more than 12,000 BA professionals have attended from North America, Europe, South Africa, Australia and Asia to hear from countless influencers and practice experts.
Past attendees can tell you the primary reasons they come to BBC is to make themselves more valuable to their companies and to help them advance their individual success. While all conferences are about learning, BBC really focuses on having speakers share their know-how through real-life examples to help you apply these learnings to your projects and your career. The speakers share their know-how through case studies, user stories and best practices you can learn from to apply in your daily practice.
Whether you are looking for a co-founder, investor, business partner or a technology-minded colleague you’ll be able to spend time with some of the smartest minds in the industry.
BBC’s appeal lies in more than just bringing interesting speakers together; it has grown significantly to educate participants through hands-on workshops and tutorials, a packed agenda featuring over 10 unique tracks, plus focus groups and a bundle of networking opportunities made available throughout this weeklong event. Each session is approved for earning Continuing Development Units (CDUs) – up to 28 in total that you can apply towards certification. Depending on your time commitment, you can come early for two days of tutorials or come for the conference sessions and tradeshow or both.
This event is about sharing – discussing what works, what doesn’t and what could work tomorrow and why it doesn’t work today.
Come armed with questions for the speakers to get answers to your questions. Another unique feature of BBC is the large number of IIBA members and Chapter leaders who attend from around the world. You’ll find our greatest gathering of IIBA Chapter leaders at BBC. Each year our Chapter leader community comes together to connect, lead, inspire and share with each other in our biggest chapter ‘meet-up’. This year, we’ve invited our Chapter Board members to attend a full-day leadership workshop on the last day of the conference.
If you are a Chapter leader reach out to the Chapter and Regions team to reserve your seat today.
How to get the most out of BBC
With so many concurrent sessions to choose from, we’ve narrowed down some of your options to share our spotlight sessions and featured IIBA presenters. Let’s quickly review some of the featured sessions and topics that will be covered at BBC:
Wednesday, November 13
- You are a Leader! What’s your strategy? | Presented by Heather Mylan-Mains CBAP, President, BAs Without Borders and Michelle Green, Sr. Business Analyst, JM Family Enterprises
- The State of Agile Analysis 2019 | Presented by Angela Wick, CEO, BA-Squared and Kupe Kupersmith CBAP, Principal, Kupe Talks
Thursday, November 14
- Product Ownership Panel | Presented by Kent McDonald, Product Person, KBPMedia, Jared Gorai, CBAP, Director, Regions & Chapters, IIBA and Stephanie Vineyard, Director of Digital Solutions, Excella
- Business Data Analytics – Using Data to Drive Better Business Outcomes | Presented by Laura Paton, CEO, BA Academy, Inc. and Ken Fulmer, President & CEO, IIBA
- I Finished My Project with Incomplete Requirements: Success Story | Presented by Barbara Carkenord, Consultant, Carkenord Consulting
- Executive Panel – Future View: The Creative Organization | Presented by Matthew Winterbottom, Head of Social Listening & Analytics, Global Social Media Team, HSBC and Nicholas Selk, Head of Cisco Design Thinking, Cisco
- Through the Looking Glass: IIBA’s View to Success | Presented by Danelkis Serra, CBAP, Chapter Operations Manager, IIBA, Colleen Meesey, CBAP, Manager of Member Engagement, IIBA and Jared Gorai, CBAP, Director, Regions & Chapters, IIBA
Friday, November 15
- Future Proofing Business Analysis Careers | Presented by Ashish Mehta CBAP, Managing Director, India, APAC and Global Thought Leader, IIBA
- Panel: Women in Tech | Presented by Reydan Yasar CBAP, BA Competency Lead, Sony Eurasia, Jasmine Lee, Oracle Policy Automation Specialist, Oracle, Christy Hartner, Senior Vice President, Commerce Bank and Barbara Carkenord, Consultant, Carkenord Consulting
View the full BBC agenda to plan your schedule.