The Benefits of Online Proctored Exams (and How to Ace Them)
Receive free IIBA updates and exclusive content!
Did you know that 85% of those who are pursuing IIBA business analysis certifications take online proctored exams? Why have online proctored exams become so popular, and how can they benefit you? We have the answers you’re looking for.
What Are Online Proctored Exams?
If you’ve never taken an online proctored exam and are not sure what they are, you are definitely not alone. “Proctoring” simply refers to exam supervision.
Online proctored exams are timed, and they are taken while your computer, mic, and webcam are monitored by proctoring software. The proctoring software records data and then transfers it for review to a proctoring service.
Why Have Online Proctored Exams Become So Popular?
Online proctored exams are growing in popularity. Per The Insight Partners, a recent research study revealed that the online exam proctoring market was valued in 2019 at $354.37 million USD. It is projected to hit $1,187.57 million USD by 2027. Moreover, it’s expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.4% throughout 2027.
Data clearly proves that online proctored exams are popular. Globe Newswire said the growth of the market is due to growth in online learning and affordable operations of online exam proctoring. Also, online proctored exams are popular because they provide benefits to test-takers as well as the organizations that offer them.
6 Benefits of Online Proctored Exams
Curious about what benefits proctoring and online proctored exams offer? Here are a few:
- Online proctored exams can be cost-effective testing options for organizations.
- ”Research indicates that online proctoring methods, when properly applied, can be as or more effective than traditional proctoring occurring in testing centers,” according to the Caveon Security Insights Blog.
- Proctoring helps to ensure exams are authentic, fair, and credible.
- Online proctored exams allow individuals to test remotely. This is helpful for organizations and individuals that are observing social distancing.
- Online proctored exams can be incredibly convenient for those with busy schedules who don’t have time to go to an in-person testing center.
- Online proctored exams may reduce anxiety for those who experience emotional distress when testing in the presence of others.
Additionally, online proctored exams usually employ detailed reporting that provides organizations with insights into test-takers’ behaviors.
Best Practices for Taking an Online Proctored Exam
Interested in scheduling an online proctored exam? Here are some tips that will help you ace your online exam and have the best experience possible:
- Familiarize yourself with the exam guidelines.
- Make sure you take the online exam in a location with good internet connectivity.
- Ensure your webcam and mic are in working order and your test-taking space is well-lit.
Also, take the time to study for the exam until you feel totally confident in your knowledge of the subject matter.
Get IIBA Business Analysis Certifications Online
The IIBA's entire suite of certifications is available to be taken online. IIBA’s online exams provide a completely digital experience in the comfort of your home or office while maintaining the integrity of the exam. You’ll find everything you need to know about taking an online exam with the IIBA in The IIBA Guide to Online Proctored Exams.
Your Exam, Your Way.
Online proctored certification exams offer the convenience and flexibility to take your exam securely from the convenience of your home or office. Learn more about IIBA's certification offerings at IIBA.org/certifications.
About The Author:
Isabel Feher-Watters is the Certification Programs Manager at IIBA® and has 20+ years' experience building talent and leadership in the workplace through learning, certification, and credentialing programs and practices. She holds a professional certification as a Certified Association Executive (CAE®), Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP)™, and a Change Management Registered Practitioner (CMRP®). Isabel is passionate about learning and professional development in the Business Analysis community.