Celebrate Global BA Day 2019
Depending on where you live in the world, Global BA Day is either today or tomorrow. Either way my message is the same, I encourage you to celebrate the awesomeness of being a Business Analysis Professional. Regardless of whether Business Analyst is in your title or not - you are in your soul a BA!
So, take a moment to share your message on social. Some ideas include:
- Recognize someone who inspires you in your role. In a recent Chapter newsletter to IIBA Chapter Leaders Jared Gorai, Director of Regions and Chapters called out to some of the inspiring female BAs who have made an impression on him and in our opinion, on the BA community.
- Tag your colleagues and simply post ‘Happy Global BA Day’ on your social sites.
- Post a photo of your BA team, local Chapter or re-post your favorite BA photo and include hashtag #GlobalBusinessAnalysisDay.
- Make a video telling us why you are happy to be a BA.
- Share and like someone else’s Global BA Day post.
Also, here are some fun things you can do with your BA team in the office:
- Line up! This one’s especially fun if you have more than 10 people involved. Work together as a team to arrange yourselves in a line based on a quality you have that is not obviously apparent – e.g. alphabetically by middle name, chronologically according to birth date, or house number.
- Draw it out! Have one person quietly reveal a BA term or methodology on a card, to another person and have him/her draw it out on a board or act it out without saying a word. The first person/team who guesses it correctly wins!
- Let the critical thinking and creative juices flow! Build and decorate a “BA themed” tree with sharpies, sticky notes, etc. Bonus: Write notes of encouragement on the sticky notes!
November 1st is Global BA Day. It is a time to recognize the role of a BA and acknowledge your colleagues. This day was launched to celebrate your achievements. So, go ahead and wish everyone a happy global BA day on November 1st.
P.S. Since November 1st is also IIBA’s Chapter and Volunteer Awards virtual presentation it is a great opportunity to support your colleagues and celebrate Global BA Day! #GlobalBusinessAnalysisDay