Building Business Capability: How Attending This Conference Can Boost Your Career
Receive free IIBA updates and exclusive content!
As a business professional, you need to seek out new ideas, techniques, and best practices to improve your skills and knowledge. Attending a business analysis conference such as Building Business Capability (BBC), is a great way to enhance your professional development and stay current with industry trends. Building Business Capability 2023 is the only conference that enhances your ability to advance people, product, data, and knowledge, to build your core leadership skills, to create a customer centric organization and to deliver digital transformation.
Here's a few reasons to consider attending a large professional event for business analysis professionals:
1. Learn from Industry ExpertsLifelong learning is critical for professional success! Business analysis conferences bring together a diverse group of industry experts and thought leaders. These events provide a platform for them to share their experiences and knowledge with attendees. These experts have years of experience in the business analysis related fields and can offer valuable insights that can help you grow in your career. You can attend their keynote speeches, workshops, and presentations to learn new techniques, tips, and strategies for improving business outcomes.
2. Networking OpportunitiesIt’s about who you know! Events provide excellent networking opportunities. You can meet other professionals from around the world to exchange ideas and make new connections. Networking can help you expand your knowledge base, build relationships, and potentially lead to new job opportunities. Did you know according to HubSpot, 85% of jobs are filled through networking? And according to CNBC, 70% of jobs are never published publicly. You can also join special interest groups or attend social events to connect with like-minded professionals. IIBA hosts a Member Reception at this event every year that is great way to get know more people in the industry.
3. Stay Up-to-Date with Industry TrendsThings are changing fast! Conferences offer a chance to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends. You can learn about new methodologies, techniques, tools, and software that can help you in your work as a business analysis professional. This year BBC 2023 has tracks for building people capability, building knowledge capability, building product capability, and more. There are trails devoted to business analysis, business architecture, business design, business leadership, with special features on digital transformation, and women in technology. This knowledge can help you adapt to changing market conditions and stay competitive in the business analysis job market.
4. Personal DevelopmentMake the choice to grow! Attending a conference can also help you develop personally. You can improve your communication skills, leadership abilities, and problem-solving skills. You can attend sessions on leadership development to enhance your skills and capabilities.
5. Gain New PerspectivesChange the way you see the world! Business analysis conferences can provide a new perspective on the industry. You can learn about best practices from other organizations, gain insights into emerging trends, and learn about challenges faced by other professionals in the field. This perspective can help you make better decisions and improve your overall performance as a business analyst. Explore BBC 2023’s highlights:
- 5 days
- 12 Tracks
- 27 Tutorials
- 108 Sessions
- 86+ Speakers
- 1000+ Delegates
Discover the full conference agenda here.
Wondering What it’s Like Attending BBC?
Business Analysis Live! spoke with five thought leaders in the business analysis community from the 2022 Building Business Capability conference, Filip Hendrickx, Angela Wick, Christina Lovelock, Jenn Bedell, CBAP, and Fabricio Laguna, CBAP to hear some of their wisdom and share a few laughs.
Listen to the Podcast>
Attending conferences is an excellent way advance your career. Whether you are new to the field or an experienced professional, attending a top business analysis conference like Building Business Capability should be on your to-do list. After all it is about competing on capabilities.
Building Business Capability takes place May 8-12, 2023, at Caesars Forum, Las Vegas. There’s a special 20% discount code for IIBA Members! Use discount code: IIBALV23 to get your savings. Want to attend BBC 2023 but need help sharing the benefits of the conference with your team or boss?Download a sample letter here.
About The Author:
Jeff Roth is a skilled leader with over 20 years of experience in marketing management, including in the fierce Silicon Valley start-up world. He is passionate about advancing the global business analysis community and provides direction to IIBA's ambitious goals to continue building this. His team is responsible for communications, branding, design, content delivery, lead generation, webinars, events, advertising, and related activities to nurture and spotlight the growing demand for business analysis. Connect with Jeff on LinkedIn.