12 Ways You Can Celebrate Global Business Analysis Day
Receive free IIBA updates and exclusive content!
Business analysis is often found in the IT department, but you can find Business Analysis professionals working with your strategy team, data scientists, marketing, HR, project management, and other lines of business. Business Analysts are change agents and can help your organization save money through cost benefit analysis, improve outcomes through improved efficiency, and so much more.
Business Analysis Day is observed annually on November 1st. If you are a Business Analyst, or practice business analysis in any role, here are 12 ways to celebrate Global BA Day 2020 to recognize the profession within your organization:
- Celebrate the success of a business analysis professional who inspires you on Twitter or another social media platform using #GlobalBADay and #BusinessAnalysisDay
- Stand a chance to win a Business Analyst theme mug when you tag a Business Analyst who’s helped you through this year (or at any point in your career) on this post: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/iiba_globalbaday-businessanalysisday-businessanalyst-activity-6726859539133599744-VdNL using hashtag #GlobalBADay and #BusinessAnalysisDay
- Show us how your organization is celebrating Global BA Day on social media using #GlobalBADay
- Conduct an internal celebration such as running a crossword challenge, writing a story for your organization’s internal newsletter or intranet to recognize the contributions that you and your team have made to the success of a project
- Hold an internal virtual coffee chat to discuss business analysis trends, projects, and solutions
- Read a book on business analysis or share your favorite with a colleague – there are over 11,000 titles in IIBA’s Members’ digital library
- Share a success you have had as an IIBA Chapter volunteer with a local organization to provides analysis support and share the results with your team and your organization
- Trying out the IIBA’s Elicitation Mocktail or Cocktail? Share a picture of it and tag us on social media! Here’s the recipe: https://www.iiba.org/iiba-analyst-catalyst-blogs/taking-my-knowledge-to-new-levels--analyst-catalyst-blog/
- Write an email to your business analysis colleague recognizing their efforts on a project and copy their manager and Human Resources
- Attend a business analysis webinar or watch an archived webinar on a BA topic of interest
- Join IIBA Members Virtual Awards Celebration webinar on November 2, 2020 at 7:00 pm EST
- Attend the 2020 Corporate Awards and Business Analysis in the New Decade Overview on November 11, 2020 at 6:00 pm EST
Share how you celebrate business analysis on social media and help spread the word! Sometimes business analysts by nature can be a little introverted and don’t always sing their own praises but what you do is important for organizations to be successful. So, help us send some shout outs to those business analysis professionals who deserve to be recognized (and don‘t forget to include #GlobalBADay and #BusinessAnalysisDay).
- Here are some example social posts to inspire you to wish someone a happy Global BA Day (include #GlobalBADay and #BusinessAnalysisDay, and tag @IIBA):
- Let’s virtually celebrate the day together. Happy #BusinessAnalysisDay #GlobalBADay
- Global #BusinessAnalysisDay is November 1st. Celebrate BA Day this Sunday and share your favourite business analysis moment. Happy #GlobalBADay
- Business Analysts are superheroes! Showcase your super powers on #GlobalBADay #BusinessAnalysisDay
- Business Analysis skill is ranked #6 of the top 15 skills professionals need in 2020 by LinkedIn. Happy #GlobalBADay #BusinessAnaysisDay
- I would like to recognize “@NAME” for inspiring me as a Business Analysis superhero! Happy #GlobalBADay #BusinessAnalysisDay
Download the official Global BA Day logo here.
Follow what’s happening in your local community online with #GlobalBADay and #BusinessAnalysisDay.