IIBA Business Analysis Competency Model Version
The IIBA® Business Analysis Competency Model describes the knowledge, skills, abilities and other personal characteristics required for a person to be successful and perform effectively in a business analyst role.
The IIBA Business Analysis Competency Model is different from A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®
) in that while the guide outlines the work a business analyst performs and details the knowledge required to perform that work, the model provides a method for identifying what behaviours and results make a business analyst successful in performing the activities outlined in the BABOK®
The Competency Model also includes job profiles, career paths for business analysts, advanced business analyst profiles, specialty business analyst profiles, and hybrid business analyst profiles.
Download your read-only member copy!
* Note that your member copy is not suitable for team and corporate
or replication in part or whole.
- Assess your business analysis competencies
- Identify areas for your professional development
- Set goals for managing your career path
NEW! Discover how your BA skills measure up – take the IIBA Business Analysis Competency Assessment™
You can purchase
a personal use read-only copy of the Competency Model which includes
Self-Assessment Tool for $25USD.
* Note that your purchased copy is not suitable for team and
sharing, or replication in part or whole.
Purchase a corporate license for the IIBA Competency Model for use with your team, business unit or enterprise!
* A corporate license to the IIBA Competency Model may be used for the following activities:
- Assess the competencies of your business analysts
- Access the 360 degree feedback/assessment and self-assessment questionnaire
- Develop and conduct performance processes
- Understand the best types of training or education for closing skill gaps
- Define the business analyst role in the organization
- Develop recruitment and selection processes
- Identify why business analysts are succeeding or under-performing in the role
- Coach and mentor business analysts on their competencies and professional development
- Educate staff on the role of the business analyst
The model also serves as a tool for completing an organizational assessment and it is therefore an important benefit of the IIBA Corporate Membership Program. If you would like to use the Competency Model within your organization, click here to learn more about our Corporate Licensing Agreement
For an IIBA Business Analysis Competency Model information sheet, click here
If you have already purchased a copy of the Business Analysis Competency Model and would like to receive the Self-Assessment Questionnaire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or join IIBA
now and receive your free copy of the Business Analysis Competency Model as a member benefit.
If you are experiencing technical or download issues with the Business Analysis Competency Model, please email community@IIBA.org
If you have questions about the Business Analysis Competency Model, please email email@example.com